WEC Le Man 2018

User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 pm

It looks like Fernando and his team took pole position. I hope the Toyota Ts050 Hybrid can bring it home this year. I hope the curse is lifted! 

The teams this year that are racing are, 
 
Le man 1.JPG
Le man 1.JPG (257.65 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Attachments
Le man 2.JPG
Le man 2.JPG (266.33 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Last edited by Mike333 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rb26dett since 1989
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Here are the pole position and lap time 
 
Le man 4.JPG
Le man 4.JPG (153.57 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Le man 5.JPG
Le man 5.JPG (161.65 KiB) Viewed 600 times
1 Image
rb26dett since 1989
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

I am pretty exited to see Alonso take pole with his team, I wonder how Kobayashi will do in the other Toyota P1 car this year. I really like to see Oliver Rowland drive, note that Paul Di Resta, Jean Eric Vergne, Giedo Van der Garde, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Nasr, Juan Pablo Montoya some F1 drivers there. 

I am looking forward to seeing some Aussie drive, with James Allen driving in P2 for the G-Drive Racing team of Russia with the Oreca 07 Gibson. We also have Ryan Briscoe, Scott Dixon, and Earl Bamber racing in the LMGTE Pro. Matt Campbell, and Alex Davison are racing in the LMGTE Am. 
 
rb26dett since 1989
User avatar
parthunter_harrison
Reactions: 15
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Mike333 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm
I am pretty exited to see Alonso take pole with his team, I wonder how Kobayashi will do in the other Toyota P1 car this year. I really like to see Oliver Rowland drive, note that Paul Di Resta, Jean Eric Vergne, Giedo Van der Garde, Pastor Maldonado, Felipe Nasr, Juan Pablo Montoya some F1 drivers there. 

I am looking forward to seeing some Aussie drive, with James Allen driving in P2 for the G-Drive Racing team of Russia with the Oreca 07 Gibson. We also have Ryan Briscoe, Scott Dixon, and Earl Bamber racing in the LMGTE Pro. Matt Campbell, and Alex Davison are racing in the LMGTE Am. 

It will be huge choke if Alonso and Toyota dont win, they have NO compeition!!

There is 2 seconds to the next Toyota (2nd) and 4 seconds to the next LMP1
Part Hunter Co-Founder and Admin
Image
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm

parthunter_harrison wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm
There is 2 seconds to the next Toyota (2nd) and 4 seconds to the next LMP1

Yeah and we know if there is a puncture, or some sort of mechanical failure, that 4 second will be gone quite quickly lol. 
rb26dett since 1989
User avatar
parthunter_harrison
Reactions: 15
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Mike333 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 pm
parthunter_harrison wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm
There is 2 seconds to the next Toyota (2nd) and 4 seconds to the next LMP1

Yeah and we know if there is a puncture, or some sort of mechanical failure, that 4 second will be gone quite quickly lol.  

Wont be a problem, youve got 24  hrs to catch up. After about 3 hours, the LMP2 cars will be multiple laps down. And the privateer LMP1s should be about 3 laps down
Part Hunter Co-Founder and Admin
Image
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:14 pm

We will see mate, this is Le man, Its so good that it comes down to the last lap, every single year it has been unpredictable and great racing. I will never put my money down on the favourites....
rb26dett since 1989
thespicehammer
Reactions: 5
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm

To finish first, first you must finish. That's the beauty about endurance racing it is all about how much you can push/engineer the car to the limit but still complete it

I've heard talk that driveshafts are put under so much stress during the race that they twist 100 degrees. Not sure about the validity of this but it would not surprise me
2 Image
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 pm

@thespicehammer well all you need to see is what happen to the Toyota team last year, they were super quick, but the mechanical just didn't work out for them. Its really something. I was lucky enough to work on the Ligier JS P3, developing their tyre model and aero model on a simulation. was pretty cool.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1302 ... ta-failure 

I was so gutted for them, I watch them in 2016, when they run out of fuel, and in 2017 failure... it was a nightmare. 
1 Image
rb26dett since 1989
thespicehammer
Reactions: 5
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 pm

@Mike333 mechanical reliability is the key. I believe in simulations but I think you can be carried away with them. Test the bloody thing and compare. 

Also can you simulate the driver falling asleep and crashing? hahaha 
1 Image
User avatar
Mike333
Reactions: 12
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

thespicehammer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 pm
can you simulate the driver falling asleep and crashing? hahaha 

@thespicehammer  To real hahahaha, 100% can't do that ​​​​​​. Maldonado is racing this year.... so you can't even test that on simulation HAHAHA, he might just take you out hahaha
rb26dett since 1989
thespicehammer
Reactions: 5
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 pm

@Mike333 Thankfully he wont be in an open wheel car, least you can have a little bit of bumping and grinding without a wheel falling off hahaha
1 Image
User avatar
parthunter_harrison
Reactions: 15
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:56 pm

thespicehammer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 pm
@Mike333 Thankfully he wont be in an open wheel car, least you can have a little bit of bumping and grinding without a wheel falling off hahaha

I went to LeMans in 2017. Was awesome!

Unfortunatley I didnt do my simulations and I fell asleep in the sun before the race and go sunburnt
Part Hunter Co-Founder and Admin
Image
Deano Bravo
Reactions: 2
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Alonso chasing that Triple Crown. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win. There is no real competition here with Porsche and Audi out of the picture. 
2 Image
User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Reactions: 11
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

Deano Bravo wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm
There is no real competition here with Porsche and Audi out of the picture

I would love to see P2 win, like the amount of money they throw in a P1  vs a P2 is crazy, and the P2 nearly won it last year. But in saying that, I would still love the Engineering side of the motorsports pushed to the limite ! @Deano Bravo
Image
Tuna no Crust
Post Reply